latency problem of TCP/IP over USB (rndis_host driver related)

From: Andy Tai
Date: Tue Dec 29 2015 - 19:41:12 EST

Hi, I tried to connect two Linux computers connected via a USB2 link
and use the rndis_host driver to establish a logical ethernet
connection over this USB link. I can have normal TCP/IP connections
(TCP and UDP) over this setup between the two computers; ssh, sftp and
ping all work over this logical ethernet connection.

The only issue is that there is significant delay in the packet
arrival time; it takes 0.3 secs for some packets to go through this
ethernet connection (same for both TCP and UDP). This compares with
packet traverse time over regular ethernet (CAT5 cables) between two
Linux computers that is in the sub millisecond range.

0.3 sec latency is too large for my applications. What can I do to
reduce the latency? Thanks for any info on this.

--
Andy Tai, atai@xxxxxxxx, Skype: licheng.tai
Year 2015 æå104å