RE: [Patch V2] x86, mce: Ensure offline CPU's don't participate in mce rendezvous process.

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Mon Dec 07 2015 - 17:08:08 EST

> And that is incorrect too, because the MCE (at least the one I'm
> injecting) gets broadcasted to the CPUs on the *node* and not to the
> whole system.

Which system? What kind of machine check? On Intel we expect machine checks
to be broadcast to all logical cpus on all nodes (unless local machine check is enabled,
in which case SRAR style machine checks go only to the logical cpu that hit the error).

The code is written to that expectation ... and we don't report things as well if
something else happens (like too many or too few cpus showing up).

-Tony