Re: use-after-free in sctp_do_sm

From: Joe Perches
Date: Fri Dec 04 2015 - 12:03:18 EST

On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 11:47 -0500, Jason Baron wrote:
> When DYNAMIC_DEBUG is enabled we have this wrapper from
> include/linux/dynamic_debug.h:
>
> if (unlikely(descriptor.flags & _DPRINTK_FLAGS_PRINT))
> <do debug stuff>
>
> So the compiler is not emitting the side-effects in this
> case.

Huh?  Do I misunderstand what you are writing?

You are testing a variable that is not generally set
so the call is not being performed in the general case,
but the compiler can not elide the code.

If the variable was enabled via the control file, the
__dynamic_pr_debug would be performed with the
use-after-free.