Anonymous inode cleanup?

From: Rajat Jain
Date: Fri Nov 13 2015 - 00:43:15 EST

Hello,

I'm writing a module that wants to get anonymous fd [using
anon_inode_getfd()] and my code looks like this:

fd = anon_inode_getfd(...)
if (fd < 0)
return -EINVAL;

if (foobar_fail()) {
/* undo everything */
return -EINVAL;
}

My question is that in case of a failure after the anon_inode_getfd(),
I want to cleanup and undo whatever needs to be done w.r.t. anodnymous
fd I just allocated. (May be put a reference, or return the fd to the
free pool or whatever). Can some one please let me know what cleanup
needs to be done?

However neither I see a cleanup function, nor I see any of the drivers
attempting
to free the fd in case of failure.

Thanks,

Thanks,