Re: fs: out of bounds on stack in iov_iter_advance

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Tue Nov 10 2015 - 21:26:03 EST

On Tue, Nov 10 2015, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Al, ping?
>
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> How are we going to handle that one? I can put it into mainline pull
> >> request via vfs.git, with Cc: stable, but if e.g. Jens prefers to take it
> >> via the block tree, I'll be glad to leave it for him to deal with.
> >
> > Put it in the vfs tree (I'm hoping for a pull request soon..)
> >
> > I pulled the block trees from Jens yesterday, so there is presumably
> > nothing pending there right now.
>
> Apparently my "hoping for a pull request soon" was ridiculously optimistic.
>
> Al, looking at the most recent linux-next, most of the vfs commits
> there seem to be committed in the last day or two. I'm getting the
> feeling that that is all 4.5 material by now.
>
> Should I just take the iov patch as-is, since apparently no vfs pull
> request is happening this merge cycle? And no, I'm not taking
> "developed during the second week of the merge window, and sent in the
> last few days of it". I'm done with that.

I've got 8 other patches pending for a post core merge, just waiting for
the last core pull request to go in. I haven't seen this iov iter fix,
though.

git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git for-linus

Jan Kara (1):
brd: Refuse improperly aligned discard requests

Jens Axboe (2):
MAINTAINERS: add reference to new linux-block list
blk-mq: mark __blk_mq_complete_request() static

Randy Dunlap (1):
block: fix blk-core.c kernel-doc warning

Sathyavathi M (1):
NVMe: Increase the max transfer size when mdts is 0

Stephan Günther (2):
NVMe: use split lo_hi_{read,write}q
NVMe: add support for Apple NVMe controller

Vivek Goyal (1):
fs/block_dev.c: Remove WARN_ON() when inode writeback fails

MAINTAINERS | 1 +
block/blk-core.c | 3 +++
block/blk-mq.c | 2 +-
block/blk-mq.h | 1 -