Re: kdbus refactoring?

From: David Herrmann
Date: Mon Nov 09 2015 - 03:34:44 EST

Hi

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 1:53 AM, Josh Triplett <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quoting Documentation/development-process/1.Intro:
[...]
>> Years of experience with the kernel development community have taught a
>> clear lesson: kernel code which is designed and developed behind closed
>> doors invariably has problems which are only revealed when the code is
>> released into the community. Sometimes these problems are severe,
>> requiring months or years of effort before the code can be brought up to
>> the kernel community's standards.
[...]
> And I've seen you specifically recommend having such conversations early
> and often.

I think comparing kdbus to "behind closed doors" development models is
unfair. We chose to center our development around DBus, not the
kernel. Anybody who is interested in kdbus discussions could have
easily joined the DBus and systemd communication channels (and *many*
people did). I see little reason in cross-posting everything to LKML,
especially given that our communication is rarely mail-based.

Thanks
David