Re: [patch] vfio: make an array larger

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Wed Nov 04 2015 - 13:20:39 EST

Sorry, I should have said that I am on linux-next at the start.

> > -static u8 pci_cap_length[] = {
> > +static u8 pci_cap_length[PCI_CAP_ID_MAX + 1] = {
> > [PCI_CAP_ID_BASIC] = PCI_STD_HEADER_SIZEOF, /* pci config header */
> > [PCI_CAP_ID_PM] = PCI_PM_SIZEOF,
> > [PCI_CAP_ID_AGP] = PCI_AGP_SIZEOF,
>
> This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. The last entry we define
> is:
>
> [PCI_CAP_ID_AF] = PCI_CAP_AF_SIZEOF,

Yes.

> };
>
> and PCI_CAP_ID_MAX is defined as:
>
> #define PCI_CAP_ID_MAX PCI_CAP_ID_AF

No. I am on linux-next and we appear to have added a new element
beyond PCI_CAP_ID_AF.

#define PCI_CAP_ID_AF 0x13 /* PCI Advanced Features */
#define PCI_CAP_ID_EA 0x14 /* PCI Enhanced Allocation */
#define PCI_CAP_ID_MAX PCI_CAP_ID_EA

> So the array is implicitly sized to PCI_CAP_ID_MAX + 1 already, this
> doesn't make it any larger.

In linux-next it makes it larger. But also explicitly using
PCI_CAP_ID_MAX + 1 is cleaner as well as fixing the bug in case we add
more elements later again.

regards,
dan carpenter