Re: staging: wilc1000: WILC1000_DYNAMICALLY_ALLOCATE_MEMROY

From: Tony Cho
Date: Sun Oct 11 2015 - 22:13:24 EST

On 2015ë 10ì 09ì 03:47, Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 09:29:35PM +0300, Stanislav Kholmanskikh wrote:
Hi!

I noticed that drivers/staging/wilc1000/Kconfic defines:

config WILC1000_DYNAMICALLY_ALLOCATE_MEMROY
bool "Dynamically allocate memory in real time"
---help---
This choice supports dynamic allocation of the memory
for the receive buffer. The driver will allocate the RX buffer
when it is required.

"MEMROY" looks suspicious. Is it a typo (MEMORY?) or by intent?
Probably a typo, but be sure to see if it lines up with what the code
expects before changing anything.

Ideally in the end this option should be removed as the driver should
only do dynamic allocation, no static allocation should be needed.

I agree with Greg's opinion. The team is now restructuring the driver and they will be removed and changed.

Thanks for your valuable opinion,

Tony.

thanks,

greg k-h