Re: linux-next: manual merge of the audit tree with Linus' tree

From: Paul Moore
Date: Tue Oct 06 2015 - 13:21:22 EST

On Tuesday, October 06, 2015 01:55:01 PM Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the audit tree got a conflict in:
>
> include/linux/lsm_audit.h
>
> between commit:
>
> 671a2781ff01 ("security: add ioctl specific auditing to lsm_audit")
>
> from Linus' tree and commit:
>
> 43cfd5e38587 ("audit: constify parts of common_audit_data and
> lsm_network_audit")
>
> from the audit tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
> is required).

Thanks, that patch looks correct, although I'm going to drop the patch causing
this problem for the time being as there are some oddities with the build
warning that you posted which aren't immediately obvious to me. Something
weird is causing it to work in audit#next but throw a warning when applied on
top of Linus' current ... I'll reapply the patch once I've resolved the issue.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com