Re: ver_linux: proposed implementation feedback request

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Oct 06 2015 - 04:13:40 EST

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 08:00:40PM +0300, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
> Thanks very much for everyone's feedback.
>
> Instead of flooding this mailing list with another bunch of ver_linux
> patches, I thought I would post another implementation, and see if you
> find any of the proposed changes worth submitting as a patch. I will
> be happy with whatever feedback you can give me. And we will leave it
> at that. Thanks.

We can't try to do a diff ourselves in order to try to determine if this
is "good enough" to take, sorry, that's not hoe kernel development
works. If you don't think it's "good enough", then we sure don't :)

If you want to redo your series, to fix issues you have found, great,
please do so and resend them and we will be glad to review them, as we
have been doing. We can work with that, not with a "raw" file like
this.

thanks,

greg k-h