[RFC] pwm: chip_data vs device_data

From: Olliver Schinagl
Date: Tue Oct 06 2015 - 03:21:09 EST

Hey Thierry, list,

While working on something in the pwm framework, I noticed that the void *data in the pwm_device struct is called chip_data. Why is it not called device_data, since it is the data associated with a PWM device, rather then the chip, and on that note, if it really is chip related data (thus covering the whole chip, not just the single pwm device) why is there no chip_data in pwm_chip?

Again, is this something worth my time to add a device_data and rename chip_data?

Olliver