Re: [RFT v3] eata: Convert eata driver as normal PCI and platform device drivers

From: Arthur Marsh
Date: Mon Oct 05 2015 - 04:29:54 EST

Jiang Liu wrote on 03/10/15 17:41:

If I do a normal boot which includes eata being loaded, the disk
attached to the DPT2044W controller having its filesystems checked and
mounted, then attempt a kexec reboot, I get the reboot pausing after the
"synchronizing SCSI cache" messages as before.

If I un-mount the filesystems on the disk attached to the DPT2044W
controller after start-up and try a reboot I get the same problem.

If I do modprobe -r eata after un-mounting the filesystems on the disk
attached to the DPT2044W controller after a start-up kexec *works fine*.
Hi Arthur,
The above results suggest that we need to shutdown eata
controller for kexec. So could you please try to apply the attached
patch upon the previous two patches?
Thanks!
Gerry

To clarify, if the eata driver gets loaded once and stays loaded, at a kexec reboot attempt the "Synchronising SCSI cache" message is missing for the SCSI disk attached to the controller using the eata driver and eventually other error messages appear as seen in screen images that I have previously posted.

If the eata driver is loaded, unloaded via modprobe -r, then reloaded, a kexec reboot shows 2 "Synchronising SCSI cache" messages for the SCSI disk attached to the controller using the eata driver and the kexec reboot is successful.

Arthur.