Re: Trivial clocksource driver

From: Mason
Date: Tue Sep 29 2015 - 17:13:27 EST

Hello Mans,

On 29/09/2015 22:18, Måns Rullgård wrote:

> Mason writes:

>>> Yes, drivers/clocksource is the right place. You just need to submit a
>>> formal patch, which includes a proper subject line, changelog, plus
>>> the necessary Makefile and Kconfig modifications.
>>
>> OK, I'll send a formal patch tomorrow.
>> There are no Kconfig modifications, is that OK?
>
> Why don't you use my driver? It's even simpler, and it works just fine
> on the 87xx chip.
>
> https://github.com/mansr/linux-tangox/blob/master/drivers/clocksource/clksrc-tangox.c

As you know, I am using two of your complex drivers, namely
ethernet and interrupt controller (which would have taken me
several weeks to write). I will be submitting them upstream
shortly, is that OK with you?

I'm not using this particular driver of yours because I had
already written the code, and porting it to DT was a good
learning process. This is probably my only opportunity to
actually write any kind of code for this port.

Regards.