Re: error when make pdfdocs

From: Jim Davis
Date: Thu Sep 24 2015 - 16:41:03 EST

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 7:35 AM, æåä <mudongliangabcd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I git clone and git pull the latest linux kernel.
> When I make pdfdocs, it reports the following error to me.
> But I checked the filesystems.xml:14946, no error found.

> PDF Documentation/DocBook/filesystems.pdf
> Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/catalog
> Using stylesheet: /usr/share/docbook-utils/docbook-utils.dsl#print
> Working on: /home/mdl/Repos/linux/Documentation/DocBook/filesystems.xml
> openjade:/home/mdl/Repos/linux/Documentation/DocBook/filesystems.xml:14946:16:E:

The last time I tried (and failed) to get make pdfdocs to work it
seemed to depend in very sensitive ways on the xml converter being
used, among other issues, so if it's bombing with openjade you might
see if there are alternatives you can try. See
https://www.mail-archive.com/kernelnewbies%40kernelnewbies.org/msg14306.html
for some of the painful details.

--
Jim