Re: AMD-IOMMU and problem with __init(data)?

From: Alexander Holler
Date: Wed Sep 23 2015 - 15:04:45 EST

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. Am 23.09.2015 um 17:50 schrieb Alexander Holler:
Am 23.09.2015 um 13:43 schrieb Joerg Roedel:
If it's necessary, I could try put together a small patch which
kills a system (reproducible here).

That would help too, please also send me your .config and I'll try to
reproduce the issue here.

Will do. Later.

Done. Patch(es) and config attached. Note, while reducing the patch, I've noted that when I change

struct _annotated_initcall {
initcall_t initcall;
unsigned driver_id;
unsigned *dependencies;
struct device_driver *driver;
};

struct _annotated_initcall {
initcall_t initcall;
unsigned driver_id;
};

it does not crash. That's what the second patch does. So in order to crash a system, just use patch 0001.

Regards,

Alexander Holler