Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Sep 03 2015 - 14:22:16 EST

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 10:40 AM, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Linus, what GCC version are you using and what does the warning look
> like?

I'm on whatever is in F22. gcc -v says

gcc version 5.1.1 20150618 (Red Hat 5.1.1-4) (GCC)

and the warning looks like so:

net/mac80211/rate.c: In function ârate_control_cap_maskâ:
net/mac80211/rate.c:719:25: warning: âsizeofâ on array function
parameter âmcs_maskâ will return size of âu8 * {aka unsigned char *}â
[-Wsizeof-array-argument]
for (i = 0; i < sizeof(mcs_mask); i++)
^

(note the lack of warning about the use of an array in the function
definition parameter list - I tried to find if there's any way to
enable such a warning, but couldn't find anything. Maybe my google-fu
is weak, but more probably that just doesn't exist).

Linus