Re: [Patch v3] driver/i2c/mux: Add register-based mux i2c-mux-reg

From: York Sun
Date: Tue Aug 11 2015 - 12:51:17 EST

On 08/11/2015 09:16 AM, Wolfram Sang wrote:

>>> You should check for a "big-endian" property as well, no?
>>
>> I use the little-endian as an option to indicate the nature of litten-endian
>> register. It is default to big-endian if this property doesn't exist. I prefer
>> this way unless you strongly suggest to add both and throw out an error if
>> neither exists.
>
> I'd think that "little-endian" or "big-endian" force a setting. If none
> is present, we shall take the CPU endianess. Or am I overlooking
> something?

You are right. The current code checks for littel-endian property. If missing,
the CPU endianess is used. Do you prefer to check littlen-endian first, if
missing then big-endian, if both missing then use CPU endianess?

> Oh, and I forgot the biggest issue: I get build errors, because
> __LITTLE_ENDIAN__ should be __LITTLE_ENDIAN. Is this a recent change or
> why did it work for you?

I tested it on 4.0.4 kernel. I see a lot of reference of __LITTLE_ENDIAN__. I
will test the new patch on the latest kernel.

York