Re: ARM:Gemini:clocksource update for 4.3

From: Olof Johansson
Date: Tue Aug 11 2015 - 10:01:43 EST

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 03:56:00PM +0200, Hans Ulli Kroll wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> sorry for being late in this cycle ...
> I asked Roman to send me his patchset with 2 patched, but he don't respond.
>
> So here is my patchset.
> But I used one more patch to cleanup the register definitions in the driver.
> These where somewhat annoying, if a "autocomplete" editor is used.
>
> The other patches changes to the timer1 and add timer3 as free running.
> The initial driver missed also to enable the interrupt in the device, which
> is also added.

First of all, what are these patches based against? At least the first
one doesn't apply to our tree, possibly due to conflicts with Linus
Walleij's patch "ARM: gemini: convert to GENERIC_CLOCKEVENTS" from 2013.

A couple of general comments about the patch series:

1) Please feel free to include a git shortlog with the cover letter

2) We try to standardize on "ARM: <platform>: <patch description"
as subject, i.e. here it would be "ARM: gemini: ...". (Space and
capitalization is the difference). I'll fix this up when applying, just
mentioning it for future patches.

3) While it's nice to see some updates and cleanups to the clock driver in the
mach directory, what would be even more awesome would be an effort to move
it into the drivers/clocksource directory where other platforms now have
their drivers. If you want to continue working on these, please consider
doing that work!

-Olof