Query: consistent method for identifying watchdog driver

From: Pratyush Anand
Date: Mon Aug 10 2015 - 02:10:27 EST

Hi Watchdog Folks,

I need some way to identify the driver/module for a given watchdog node say
/dev/watchdog0.

Documentation/watchdog/watchdog-api.txt says:
identity a string identifying the watchdog driver

However, all the watchdog driver does not define identity as DRV_NAME.

Otherway, could be to look for /sys/class/watchdog/watchdog0/device/modalias.

However, for all wd devices(say drivers/misc/mei/wd.c) we do not see an entry
for /sys/class/watchdog/watchdog0/device/. Reason is that parent of
watchdog_device has not been assigned for such devices. I will send fixup for
all such watchdog devices anyway. But, I wanted to know that what could be the
best way to identify the driver.

Thanks for your help.

~Pratyush