Configfs: commit_item

From: Helen Fornazier
Date: Fri Aug 07 2015 - 16:55:00 EST

Hi!

I see in the configfs docs that the committable items feature is not
implemented (and I notice that the commit_item function pointer is not
used anywhere.

I would like to know there are plans to implement it and what people
really use as a work around.

I am implementing a configuration API for a driver in the video4linux
and I need the user to complete its configuration before the driver
takes action.

I was thinking to add a "done" attribute file where the user writes to
it to tell the driver that the configuration is done, but I am not
sure if this is usually the solution taken in the linux kernel or
another kernel-space/user-space API is preferred.

Thank you

--
Helen Fornazier