Re: Armadaxp GPIO interrupts

From: Andrew Lunn
Date: Thu Aug 06 2015 - 09:36:29 EST

> mvebu_gpio_irq_handler is only called if I register a another handler
> at irq=82/83/84/85/87/88/89/90/92. I am registering this handler using
> minimal kernel module.

This is totally wrong. The gpio driver needs these interrupts, and
will register a chained interrupt handle for these. Don't mess around
with them. Here is the code in the driver:

/* Setup the interrupt handlers. Each chip can have up to 4
* interrupt handlers, with each handler dealing with 8 GPIO
* pins. */
for (i = 0; i < 4; i++) {
int irq = platform_get_irq(pdev, i);

if (irq < 0)
continue;
irq_set_handler_data(irq, mvchip);
irq_set_chained_handler(irq, mvebu_gpio_irq_handler);
}

Andrew