[REGRESSION BISECTED] System hang during hibernation on EeePC 1015PE

From: Eugene Shatokhin
Date: Tue Jul 28 2015 - 11:51:44 EST

Hi,

On ASUS EeePC 1015PE with kernel 3.18 - 4.1, there is a problem very similar to the one fixed for Lenovo by the following commit in the mainline kernel:

commit ab3be73fa7b43f4c3648ce29b5fd649ea54d3adb
drm/i915: gen4: work around hang during hibernation

When I try to put the system to hibernation, the hibernation image is created, the screen turns off but the laptop does not turn off after that (the fan continues to work, the leds are on, etc.) and the system seems to hang.

The laptop has Atom CPU N455 and an integrated graphics controller (PCI ID: 8086-a011-1043-83ac) managed by i915 module.
Detailed information about the hardware, as well as dmidecode, logs and other data is available here: http://hw.rosalinux.ru/index.php?probe=1c0329fde5

Bisection of the mainline git tree pointed to the same "bad" commit as it was for Lenovo:

commit da2bc1b9db3351addd293e5b82757efe1f77ed1d
drm/i915: add poweroff_late handler

If I revert that change, hibernation works well.

Regards,
Eugene

--
Eugene Shatokhin, ROSA