Building new initrd with microcode leader

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Tue Jul 28 2015 - 10:24:40 EST

Greetings all;

I think I have been unsubscribed due to bounced from my spam overloaded
mail server.

This link describes how to make a new initrd
<https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/x86/early-microcode.txt>

Following the recipe, and not that familiar with find since I usually use
locate, I get to the find line and can't get permissions to write the
output to >../ucode.cpio

The next line, starting with cat those 2 files to a new initrd make
sense.

Also, I have, in /lib/firmware/amd-ucode both of these files:
microcode_amd.bin microcode_amd_fam15h.bin

The cpu is an Athlon64 X2. Which of those two files is the correct one
for this cpu?

Please include me in the reply as I am not subscribed, and resubscribe
attempts are apparently sent to /dev/null, I never get the reply's.

Thank you very much.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)