Re: Deprecating ipath

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Fri Jun 26 2015 - 12:23:58 EST

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Marciniszyn, Mike
<mike.marciniszyn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Doug,
>
> We have been given the go ahead to start the deprecation process for thie ipath driver.

That's great! Do you mean removal from Linux?

> What do I need to do to get that done?

Feature removal txt file was removed from the kernel so there is no
"schedule" per se, not sure what the process these days is for driver
removal. How about punting it to staging for a release or two and then
remove it? Not sure if that would be frowned upon or welcomed. That
would have the cost of moving history through directories but git
--follow helps with that these days. The gain of moving it to staging
IMHO would be that if anyone who might care would need to complain may
do so for a directory change for 1-2 release may spot this easily and
the issues would be much less than an immediate removal.

Luis