Re: [GIT PULL] f2fs updates for v4.2

From: Al Viro
Date: Thu Jun 25 2015 - 02:30:08 EST

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 05:33:34AM +0100, Al Viro wrote:

> Said that, f2fs_symlink() looks odd - we create a directory entry *before*
> doing page_symlink(). And if it (or encryption) fails, I don't see anything
> that would remove that new directory entry. What are we ending up with
> in such case?

PS: other page_symlink() users tend to do it first and if it fails we just
decrement link count and iput() the sucker.

BTW, while grepping for that stuff... Why do we have
->delete_inode() set to generic_delete_inode() on ramfs? After all,
we never hash the inodes in there, so default will do nicely, and
it's kinder of branch prediction - we have
if (op->drop_inode)
drop = op->drop_inode(inode);
else
drop = generic_drop_inode(inode);
and generic_drop_inode() is inlined there...