Re: [char-misc-next 11/11] mei: revamp mei bus code

From: Greg KH
Date: Mon May 25 2015 - 12:21:04 EST

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 04:40:50AM +0000, Winkler, Tomas wrote:

> > > I thought it would be harder to swallow but I'm not sure how to really
> > > split this into working pieces w/o do some artificial steps which
> > > I will have to validate again to keep the code bisectable.
> >
> > That's fine, that's your job to do :)
>
> I'd would prefer to do something that wasn't' already done.

Huh? Your job is to split changes up into tiny logical pieces that are
easy to review. That isn't "done" here.

> > > What could be naturally factored out is already in separate patches in this
> > series.
> > > The patch is maybe bigger because of code moves between files but what has
> > really changes is just bus.c
> >
> > Then do the movement of functions around in one patch, and then the
> > logical changes in others. Come on, you know how this whole thing
> > works, don't be lazy here...
> >
> Yep, I know how it works, but here it just didn't fit as the logical changes moved also the code.
> Okay, I will split the code but allow me one comment, I think that you were lazy too go into details and you didn't send us to hell when we first submitted that bus code.

So because I wasn't hard enough on your initial reviews of this code,
you are now blaming me for this needed rework?

I seem to recall that I gave a lot of feedback on those original
patches, but if you want me to be harder and take a much closer look at
all of your patches, I'll be glad to do so. Be aware, that this is
going to slow down the acceptance rates of your patches, and I am going
to now be _very_ pedantic and grumpy.

Remember, you asked for it, this is going to be fun, for me, not you...

greg k-h