Re: [RFC v1] tree-wide: remove "select FW_LOADER" uses

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Mon May 25 2015 - 05:28:27 EST

On Fri, 2015-05-22 at 22:12 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> >> Right, I believe Fedora has it set as well.
> >>
> > I'm pretty certain that Fedora does, and that Arch does as well.

Fedora doesn't set EXPERT, and as far as I can see, never has. Same goes
for EMBEDDED, which is the predecessor of EXPERT.

If EXPERT really turns out to be set on most distributions it will have
gone the way of EXPERIMENTAL: a warning sign that lost its impact
through overuse. Perhaps that's the way these things go. But I don't
think that has happened with EXPERT, not yet.

Paul Bolle