Re: [RFC v3 20/45] richacl: Automatic Inheritance

From: Andreas GrÃnbacher
Date: Wed May 13 2015 - 19:52:57 EST

> I'm not clear what the RICHACL_PROTECTED flag actually does. It looks like it's
> only tested in chmod, and then only if the mode matches the mask (at least if I'm
> understanding the code right).

User space may propagate automatically inherited permissions to files
which are subject to automatic inheritance (RICHACL_AUTO_INHERIT) and
which are not protected from being modified (RICHACL_PROTECTED).

In richacl_chmod(), we simply detect when a chmod has no effect on the
acl: this is when the file masks are already correct, when the acl is
already masked, and when Automatic Inheritance won't affect the acl.

Andreas