RE: [KERNEL BUG] do_timer/tick_handover_do_timer 3.10.17

From: Oza (Pawandeep) Oza
Date: Thu May 07 2015 - 04:47:27 EST

Oh ok.
So the reason why I cared was:

There is a code in our base which relies on jiffies, but since jiffies are not incrementing, the code waits there and loops forever.
And forward progress is on halt. (on cpu0, since that is the only cpu, which is alive)

We have changed the code to use mdelay and things move on.

But that means that in the patch which I mentioned,
any code which relies on jiffies will stuck forever and will not allow rest of the code to get executed and hence no forward progress.
specially if that code is running with preempt_disable();

Regards,
-Oza