Re: iwlwifi getting stuck with current Linus' tree (646da63172)

From: Grumbach, Emmanuel
Date: Mon May 04 2015 - 03:02:24 EST

On Mon, 2015-05-04 at 08:55 +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Mon, 4 May 2015, Grumbach, Emmanuel wrote:
>
> > > so over a past few days, I tried to perform a bisect, but failed as
> > > expected. The issue is not reliably enough reproducible for me, so I ended
> > > up with a completely bogus commit.
> > >
> > > *However*, now that I have been following the causes and symptoms more
> > > closely (due to the bisect attempt), I have to confirm that the issue
> > > happens much more often when the machine is question is physically being
> > > moved when associated.
> > >

> > I am doing this all the time and I don't hit your problem. Without any
> > logs I don't see how I can help here. Please try to catch logs of the
> > crash. Thanks.
>
> I have provided them in the very first e-mail to this thread; see
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/4/22/601
>
> If there is any way how to obtain more verbose / useful logs, please let
> me know, I'll be happy to do that.

Sorry, my bad. I lost context here... So I really don't know what to
say. I can't see any iwlwifi commit that could be causing this, OTOH,
bisection didn't bring any results. You can try to unregister the device
from PCI and then to rescan. It worked for some people. Other than that,
I can't do much. Did you update your BIOS before you started to see this
failure?