Re: [RFC 1/2] ACPI: activate&export acpi_os_get_physical_address

From: Darren Hart
Date: Sun May 03 2015 - 13:57:25 EST

On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 05:56:19AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 03:45:52AM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>
> > And I don't really understand the Matthew's comment regarding limiting
> > operation regions to system memory. This is about a specific operation
> > region (which BTW only seems to be used as a means to access system memory
> > at the location pointed to by the arg) in that particular method.
>
> My feeling was that it really ought to have been the ACPI code dealing
> with this in some way, but having looked at it again I accept that this
> is really something that's limited by the vendor implementation.
> virt_to_phys() isn't the worst thing to do here.

Thank you both for the follow-up here.

Kast,

You have some feedback from Corentin and myself on the basic driver, mostly
around cleanups for legibility and future maintainability. You also have
agreement to move forward with virt_to_phys() in the driver due to limitations
imposed by the vendor AML.

Please incorporate these changes in a v2 and resubmit the patch. Please keep all
those who have provided feedback on Cc, and include them in the Cc lines of the
patch itself (below your Signed-off-by).

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center