Re: [CONFIG_MULTIUSER] init: error.c:320: Assertion failed in nih_error_get: CURRENT_CONTEXT->error != NULL

From: Josh Triplett
Date: Sat May 02 2015 - 22:21:36 EST

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 07:18:28AM +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> Hi Iulia,
>
> FYI, there are Ubuntu init error messages when CONFIG_MULTIUSER=n.
> Since it's not embedded system and hence the target user of
> CONFIG_MULTIUSER=n, it might be fine..

I would expect a non-trivial amount of work required to make a standard
distribution boot with CONFIG_MULTIUSER=n. Anything attempting to set
the user ID or group ID will fail, such as su, start-stop-daemon
--chuid, or systemd's daemon launching code.

So I'd suggest that this is an expected failure; allnoconfig or
tinyconfig would already not be expected to boot unmodified Ubuntu.

- Josh triplett