Re: [BUG] segfault in perf-top -- thread refcnt

From: David Ahern
Date: Fri Mar 27 2015 - 16:13:33 EST

On 3/27/15 2:11 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
Em Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 11:31:22AM -0600, David Ahern escreveu:
>Hi Arnaldo:
>
>If I leave 'perf top -z' running it eventually crashes with the backtrace in
>the new thread refcnt code:
Humm, tried here with:

perf top -d 1 -z

I.e. as you, with the --tui, and also with --stdio, so far couldn't
reproduce.

2 things:
1. let run for a long time. go about using the server. do lots of builds, etc. it takes time

2. use a box with a LOT of cpus (1024 in my case)

Make sure ulimit is set to get the core.