Re: [23/32] powerpc: copy_thread(): rename 'arg' argument to 'kthread_arg'

From: Alex Dowad
Date: Tue Mar 24 2015 - 15:50:11 EST

On 20/03/15 01:54, Michael Ellerman wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 09:22 +0200, Alex Dowad wrote:
On 19/03/15 08:45, Michael Ellerman wrote:
On Fri, 2015-13-03 at 18:14:46 UTC, Alex Dowad wrote:
The 'arg' argument to copy_thread() is only ever used when forking a new
kernel thread. Hence, rename it to 'kthread_arg' for clarity (and consistency
with do_fork() and other arch-specific implementations of copy_thread()).
I don't understand the bit about consistency with do_fork() ?

This series of patches includes one patch which renames the arg for
do_fork(), and others which rename the same arg for each arch-specific
implementation of copy_thread(). So if all of them are accepted and
merged, then all will be consistent. If only some of the patches are
accepted, I will rewrite the commit message so it doesn't mention
"consistency".
Ah OK, I only got patch 23, so I missed the context of the whole series.

I'll apply this one to the powerpc tree.

Dear M. Ellerman, sorry for not replying promptly. If you would like to apply this directly to the powerpc tree, that is fine, but can I edit the commit message to remove the mention of 'consistency'? I doubt that all 30+ archs will ever merge this change. Thanks, Alex