Re: maps mismatch in /proc/kcore for sparc

From: David Ahern
Date: Wed Mar 18 2015 - 15:58:10 EST

On 3/18/15 1:43 PM, David Miller wrote:
From: David Ahern <david.ahern@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 10:56:22 -0600

I am trying to understand why the perf tool on sparc fails to convert
kernel symbols when /proc/kcore is used. I have instrumented perf to
the point I can see that it drops symbols from kallsyms because it
cannot find a corresponding map when the kernel maps are created based
on parsing /proc/kcore.

I'm looking into this, I think we need to set ARCH_PROC_KCORE_TEXT in
arch/sparc/Kconfig

Missed that config in my fumbling through the kcore code. Adding it to sparc/Kconfig and it works. map is added:

kcore_mapfn: dso [kernel.kallsyms]: new map from 404000 to e33d79

and kernel symbols are not dropped. One mystery solved.

Thanks,
David