Re: Dell ALPS patches for Dell Latitude 7250 & 7450

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Sun Feb 15 2015 - 11:41:03 EST

Hi,

On 15-02-15 17:38, Pali RohÃr wrote:
On Wednesday 11 February 2015 08:38:58 Hans de Goede wrote:
Thanks for this and the other related mail. I also have an
alps.c directly from alps themselves which adds support for
v8 and v9 protocols. The problem is that like with v7 the
code is not really in a state where we want to take it as is,
e.g. it does clickpad softbutton emulation in the kernel
instead of leaving it to userspace.

I spend a considerable amount of time cleaning up the alps
code itself and then adding a cleaner version of the v7 code,
we should do the same for the v8 and v9 code probably but
that requires someone with hardware access so that we can
actually test the end result.

Regards,

Hans

Ok. Hans, can you look at least on second one patch?
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg36554.html

This is a bit shorter patch and maybe easier to review and decide
if is needed or not...

I think you no that particular bit of the code better then me know,
given the recent fixes you've been doing there. I think it is best
to not take that patch / hack until we actually have reports from
someone with a machine where such a fix is needed.

Regards,

Hans