Re: [Patch 2/3] firmware: dmi_scan: fix dmi_len type

From: Ivan Khoronzhuk
Date: Sun Feb 15 2015 - 02:12:34 EST

On 02/13/2015 06:12 PM, Matt Fleming wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb, at 06:12:59PM, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
Good point. Actually, I don't really see the need for patch #1, even
if I agree that it would have been better to write it like you have in
the first place.
But leaving the dmi_len as u16 is clearly a bug on my part, so that
should be fixed.

@Matt: any thoughts?
Ivan, I'd prefer it if you move PATCH 1 to be PATCH 3, i.e. make the
urgent changes at the beginning of the series and the cleanups at the
end. That nicely sidesteps the issue of having to backport a cleanup
patch as a dependency for a real bug fix.

Ok.
I'll update soon.