Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Feb 10 2015 - 11:59:01 EST

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Will try your suggestion,

Nope, that wasn't it. It still hangs in the same place (I forgot to
get rid of the red hat graphical boot screen so I didn't see the oops,
but ..)

Looking more closely at the generated code, and the fact that the oops
was an access at offset 0x18 from a NULL pointer, it would *look* like
it's this instruction:

call *24(%rax) # MEM[(struct ablkcipher_tfm *)_48 + 8B].decrypt

in the asm. Very odd. That part doesn't seem to have changed at all
(it's the crypto_ablkcipher_decrypt() part inside the
af_alg_wait_for_completion call).

Ignoring whitespace changes and doing a

git show -w 1d10eb2f156f crypto/algif_skcipher.c

does make it clear that apart from the "iter" changes, the only real
difference seems to be to the usage of "used". But I can't judge the
iter changes. And maybe something else changed elsewhere.

Any other ideas? Al?

Linus