Re: bride: IPv6 multicast snooping enhancements

From: Vasily Averin
Date: Tue Feb 10 2015 - 04:06:06 EST

This patch prevent forwarding of ICMPv6 in bridges,
so containers/VMs with virtual eth adapters connected in local bridge cannot ping each other via ipv6 (but can do it via ipv4)

Could you please clarify, is it expected behavior?
Do we need to enable multicast routing or multicast_snooping on all local ports on such bridges to enable just ICMPv6?
I believe ICMPv6 is an exception and should not be filtered by multicast spoofing.

Thank you,
Vasily Averin