Re: [GIT PULL] Kselftest updates for 3.20-rc1

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Mon Feb 09 2015 - 20:02:35 EST

On 02/09/2015 05:43 PM, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 17:36 -0700, Shuah Khan wrote:

>>> I don't understand why you insist on merging this series with the logic copied
>>> 18 times.
>>>
>>> I'm happy to tweak my series that uses an include file, but I don't see the
>>> point of merging this series first when almost every line will be removed when
>>> my series goes in.
>>
>> Please work on the suggestions I made and rework the patches
>> and resend. As I mentioned earlier, I want to enable this work
>> and them make improvements.
>
> Yes I would like install to work to. I'd also like it to work for the powerpc
> tests you ignored. But I don't want it to involve copying the same logic into
> every Makefile in the tree.

Michael,

powerpc tests aren't ignored. They are in the list to do as
the next step.

> My series was sent over a month ago, with plenty of time for you to merge it
> instead of this cut-and-paste solution.

I asked you to re-work the patches based on my suggestions
and resend. I didn't see any patches from you that addressed
the comments. I can't merge the patches you sent without
addressing the comments.

I want to get this feature implemented in this series as the
first step and then make improvements that are isolated to the
selftests makefile hierarchy. This series I am requesting to be
pulled in has been in progress for a while now and the series is
v4.

Please plan upon re-working resending the patches for the next
release.

thanks,
-- Shuah

--