Re: [capabilities] Allow normal inheritance for a configurable set of capabilities

From: Serge E. Hallyn
Date: Wed Feb 04 2015 - 12:34:53 EST

Ok this is all sounding too magic for my tastes. My original suggestion
was for an actual new capability set, pA, empty by default. You can
add bits to it using prctl if ns_capable(CAP_SETPCAP) and all the new bits are
in your pE. Once set, they stay until they are removed using prctl. At
exec, pA' = pA, and fI |= pA (after reading fI from disk but before
calculating pI').

Quoting Andrew G. Morgan (morgan@xxxxxxxxxx):