Re: sequential I/O on SSD disk varies from 20 to 300 MBytes/s every week

From: Siim Vahtre
Date: Wed Feb 04 2015 - 04:51:09 EST

Since you mentioned problem does not happen on Windows, what do you use to emulate the workload (iometer ?)

CrystalDiskMark, HD Tune, ATTO Disk Benchmark

Tested for 2-3 hours, but got stable results. Directly afterwards booted Live CD with Linux and immediately got poor results.

and did you see the same behaviour with other Kernel versions like 2.6.32.

I did not test this, as this kernel version wouldn't work for me anyway. If you think it would be very important datapoint, I can try.

You may want to check the per device queue configuration, lsscsi -L

"queue_depth=256", same for all disks