Re: [GIT PULL] aio: fix sleeping while TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Tue Feb 03 2015 - 18:25:08 EST

On 02/03/2015 04:55 AM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 12:33:48PM +0100, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
block/bsg.c- prepare_to_wait(&bd->wq_done, &wait, TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE);
block/bsg.c- spin_unlock_irq(&bd->lock);
block/bsg.c: io_schedule();
block/bsg.c- finish_wait(&bd->wq_done, &wait);

Which is double buggy because:
1) it doesn't loop
2) it sets TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE _after_ testing for the sleep event.

OK, actually had a look at this one; it might be ok.

The spinlock might fully serialize the state so no fails, and the entire
function is called in a loop. Still seriously obtuse code.

Jens, would something like the below work for you?

Yes, from a cursory look, that seems fine to me. Though I will hold the fact that you label my code as 'seriously obtuse' against you. Some day.

I can pull this in for testing for 3.20. Mind sending a properly formatted patch (signed off, commit message, all that stuff)?

--
Jens Axboe