Re: Linux 3.19-rc7

From: Jan Kara
Date: Mon Feb 02 2015 - 06:34:37 EST

On Mon 02-02-15 11:09:53, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 6:16 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Jan Kara (2):
> > quota: Switch ->get_dqblk() and ->set_dqblk() to use bytes as space units
>
> Can't copy_to_xfs_dqblk/copy_from_xfs_dqblk be done in XFS instead?
>
> function old new delta
> sys_quotactl 2380 4082 +1702

No. This conversion is to / from XFS variant of quotactl interface which
is implemented in fs/quota.c. Anyone can use this interface to query also
other filesystems (e.g. gfs2, ext4, ocfs2) so fs/quota/quota.c is the right
place for this. And if you compile kernel with CONFIG_QUOTA enabled, you
are likely running on large enough machine not to care about 1.7 KB of
code (as much as I agree the growth is unpleasant).

Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, CR