Re: module: fix module_refcount() return when running in a module exit routine

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Mon Jan 19 2015 - 03:28:21 EST

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 04:21:15PM +1030, Rusty Russell wrote:
> The first one I think should be eliminated, and the second one is simply
> an assertion before calling module_put() (which should probably be
> eliminated). The others are just printing information.

FYI, I've got a pathcset to eliminate the use of module_refcount in
SCSI, which was a horrible hack to start with, but it needs a little more
clarification / work, so I'd prefer to do it for 3.20. Bart has a fix
that eliminates it for 3.19, which piles aother bandaid over the bandaid
that introduced the use module_refcount, and James doesn't seem to like
it.