your recent tools/include/ adjustments

From: Jan Beulich
Date: Tue Jan 13 2015 - 03:48:42 EST

Arnaldo,

considering that tools/include/ gets used by other than just perf, in
particular arch/x86/vdso/vdso2c.c, would you mind clarifying how
"tools: Move bitops.h from tools/perf/util to tools/" adding an
inclusion of asm/hweight.h to linux/bitops.h is supposed to work,
when the only potentially relevant header to be found is
tools/perf/util/include/asm/hweight.h?

Similarly, with "tools: Adopt fls_long and deps" adding 3 stub
headers to tools/include/asm-generic/bitops/ using
"#include <../../../../include/asm-generic/bitops/...>", I can't
see how these headers are to be found when building the above
mentioned utility - I suppose these really were meant to use
quotes instead of angle brackets.

For reference, the breakage was observed on a relatively old
x86 system where linux/elf.h includes asm/elf.h, reaching
linux/bitops.h via asm/system.h and asm/cpufeature.h.

Thanks for any insight/clarification,
Jan