Re: noisy selinux messages on tmpfs mount.

From: Christopher J. PeBenito
Date: Mon Jan 12 2015 - 09:58:45 EST

On 1/9/2015 3:47 PM, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On 01/09/2015 02:13 PM, Dave Jones wrote:

>> > We already reduced that message to KERN_DEBUG. Is that not sufficient?
>>
>> That doesn't really help with the flooding of dmesg, so no.
>> I should also note that it's not just logging in that creates a new
>> session, it also seems to be getting triggered by cron jobs, or
>> whatever the systemd replacement is.
>
> Fair enough. I think we can likely get rid of it then.

Are you saying completely get rid of the message in all cases? If so,
how is a user supposed to debug situations where they mount a filesystem
and labeling doesn't work (i.e. no security label support or policy
hasn't been updated for that fs)? Is there going to be another place to
look see what the labeling behavior is for all mounted filesystems?

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC