Use of the address linux-mei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the Linux kernel

From: Julian Brost
Date: Sun Jan 11 2015 - 19:42:22 EST

Hi,

the e-mail address linux-mei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is given as contact address
in multiple files in the Linux kernel [1]. Earlier today I cc'd a patch
to this address [2] which got rejected since I'm not a list member.
Subscribing to it doesn't seem to be possible either.

Therefore this address seems inappropriate as a contact address. In my
opinion either sending mail there should be allowed or the address might
be replaced with another one (I don't know any) or removed completely,
but at the moment it's pretty useless.

Regards,das
Julian

[1] Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-mei
Documentation/misc-devices/mei/mei-amt-version.c
Documentation/misc-devices/mei/mei.txt
drivers/misc/mei/hw-me-regs.h
drivers/misc/mei/hw-txe-regs.h
include/uapi/linux/mei.h