Re: Fastmap update v2 (pile 1)

From: Richard Weinberger
Date: Fri Jan 09 2015 - 16:55:57 EST

Am 09.01.2015 um 22:38 schrieb Ezequiel Garcia:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On 11/24/2014 10:20 AM, Richard Weinberger wrote:
>> Artem,
>>
>> as requested I'm resending my fastmap work in smaller pieces.
>> This is pile 1 of 7.
>> Rebasing my patches to ubifs.git was a massive PITA because the
>> logging style changes touched a lot of code and almost every patch
>> failed to apply and needed inspection by hand.
>> The first patches are bug fixes, the latter introduce cleanups
>> and new features.
>> After all bugfixes are mainline I'll make sure that all needed
>> fixes go into -stable.
>>

> Maybe it would be clearer if you could point out exactly which of these
> are considered bugfixes.

All of Pile1, 2, 3 and 4. :-)
One or tow patches are preparations for the real fix but obviously you'll need them
too.
The rest are enhancements and cleanups.
As I wrote before I've structured the patch set in a way to make backporting easy.

> For bugfixes, having a detailed explanation of the problem the commit is
> meant to fix would be better as well.

Okay, I'll add the horror stories to these patches.

> This patchset seems to have stalled, so perhaps having this information
> would help Artem to pick the ones that you point as fixes, before we
> miss another cycle.

The question is, shall I wait for Artem or resend again?
Most patches are completely unseen.

> Would it help if we test the whole series? (any specific test in mind?)

Sure. All issues have been found while real world usage and excessive powercut tests.

Thanks,
//richard