Re: [RFC 2/8] ARM64: Refactor kprobes-arm64

From: Pratyush Anand
Date: Thu Jan 08 2015 - 12:39:59 EST

On Thursday 08 January 2015 11:06 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 05:33:08PM +0000, Pratyush Anand wrote:
On Thursday 08 January 2015 10:25 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 03:21:18PM +0000, Pratyush Anand wrote:
Most of the stuff of kprobes-arm64.c can also be used by uprobes.c. So
move all those part to common code area. In the process rename kprobe to
probe whereever possible.

No functional change.

In which case, can you merge this into the kprobes series (which we haven't
merged yet)?

Yes, thats why these are just RFCs. I will send next version of uprobe
only after kprobe patches are accepted into maintainer's tree.

Ok, but it also makes sense to make kprobes refactoring changes *before* the
patches are merged, as that reduces churn in mainline whilst you don't have
any other dependencies.

Sure, Sure.. I too expect first two patches to be merged with kprobe series. I just did that to develop my uprobe code.

~Pratyush

Will